How to play Summoner Tactics
The goal of the game is to lower your opponent’s Summoner to ZERO (0) HP forcing him to flee from this dimension.
Sort your 30 Champion Tokens, Mercenary Tokens and Place your Summoner Token on the map in your starting area.
Shuffle your 60 card deck.
Draw 10 cards from the top of the shuffled facedown deck.
Mulligan: Mulligan’s help you refine your starting hand for a better chance at winning. Choose any number of cards from your hand and put them on the bottom of your deck and draw that many from the top. One goal to reach for with your Mulligan is to make sure you have a champion you can play within the first 2 turns.
Roll a D10 to determine who goes first. Highest goes first.
1. Un-exhaust your resources and champions.
2. “Start of turn”. Some cards will have “Start of turn effects” such as poison damage. Resolve those now.
3. Draw a card from your deck and put it in your hand of cards.
4. You may play a resource. Any card can be turned into a resource by playing it from your hand into your resource row. Note the color of the card (located in it’s casting cost box) will help you reach Threshold for that color. Every ! in the casting cost means you most own 1 resource of that color before you can play the card. So !!! means you need 3 of that color.
Resources stay around forever, but can only be used once per turn. You pay for card’s cost by indicating that those resources have been used for the turn. Such as by moving a token from the left to the right of your resources, all resources under and left of the token have been used this turn and cannot be used again until your next turn.
5. Main Phase
A. Activate a Champion or Summoner you control.
A.1. Move it up to a number of spaces equal to it’s speed. (Difficult terrains costs double to enter)
A.2. Perform an “Action” with it such as an Ability in it’s rules or Attack.
B. Play a Spell from your hand. Choose it’s targets, pay it’s cost and follow it’s rules text. Then place the used card in the discard pile face up next to your deck. All choices and targets must be within the spell range of your Summoner or Channeler.
C. Play a Champion from your hand. Pay it’s cost then place it’s mini on the map Orthogonally Adjacent to one of your Summoner or Channelers. Play the card in front of you but away from your resource row.
D: Pay 3 to draw a card.
6. Repeat A, B, C or D any number of times. Champions and Summoners can only activate once per turn. You do NOT need to activate your Summoner to cast Spells or Champions. (Unless the card specifically requires it)
7. End your turn.
Melee Attack: After a Champion or Summoner has moved it can use it’s action to Attack an Orthogonally Adjacent Enemy. Choose your target, Roll a D10. Consult the chart on the bottom of your Champion or Weapon card. If you rolled a 5 you deal your “Mid” damage. You also apply any “Triggered Effects” if it says “+ Z”. The “Z” effect will be listed on the card in it’s rule text.
Ranged Attack: A Champion or Weapon can make a Ranged Attack only if it lists a Range in it’s rules text. You must have clear line of sight to your enemy (Only walls block line of sight). And you cannot make a Ranged Attack if your Ally is orthogonally adjacent to an enemy.
Be careful how you position your Summoner there are few things to regain HP.
You can move your Summoner and Champion through allies. But you cannot move them through walls or enemies.
You can shoot “over” (past, through) allies and enemies, only walls block Line of Sight.
Remember the distance you can cast spells is limited by the Spell Range of your Summoner and Channelers.
Cards that say “Choose a champion” cannot choose a summoner.
Cards that say “Choose a space” often affect everything in those spaces be they Ally or Enemy.